Sixth Half Marathon - Med City Marathon (Rochester, Minnesota)

My sixth race was in September of 2021 in Rochester, Minnesota; my home town! My best friend, Brit, ran this one with me. Being an independent runner is great, but let me tell ya, it really helps when you're running it with someone who has the same mindset as you do. Brit and I met in college, and she has been my running and fitness person ever since. We will literally visit each other just to go on a walk or run. When I asked her if she wanted to run it, it didn't take long for her to say yes. The route for this race was very familiar, as one-fourth of the race was around Cascade Lake, which was my second home when I began the training phase. By mile eight, we ran the hill to the Foxcroft, and I'd be lying if I said we enjoyed that part.

We completed the race in downtown Rochester behind the Mayo Civic Center right on the Zumbro River. Active PT was the sponsor for this race, and I highly recommend them for any of your needs when it comes to physical therapy or rehabilitation. I also recommend Superior Screeners for clothing production, as they designed our purple tank tops.

Overall, this race was one for the books because it was in my hometown, I ran it with my sister from another mister, and our fan section rocked. I hope to run this one again in the future, as there is no better way to represent Med City. 

Two things I learned from my sixth half marathon: 

1. Victories are fun when you have a partner in crime joining you.

2. Med City knows how to throw a fun event.






Comments