Seventh Half Marathon - Run Crazy Horse (Hill City, South Dakota)

One year later, we're back! Amber's family and I made it down to South Dakota for round two. This time, her husband, Grant, joined us. Being that his typical hobbies are hockey and fly fishing, he came out of his comfort zone and killed it. The view of this route is beautiful. If any of you haven't visited the Black Hills, I highly recommend it. If you know the quote 'A picture or view is worth 1,000 words', I mean it. Along with that, the simple stargazing was enough to leave me speechless. Moral of the story, go visit the Black Hills and Custer, South Dakota if you haven't yet. You won't regret it.

On this trip, we enjoyed a few breweries, and I even got to visit a gold mine for the first time. Added bonus, I drove my own jeep. It was pretty cool having that big whip for a few days. Also, I saw a cougar up close and personal. Just kidding; but I did see one from the outdoor camera. Once again, huge shoutout to Amber and her family for taking me under their wing in 2020, and making this trip happen again. If it wasn't for them, I wouldn't have started this journey a year ago. 

Two things I learned from my seventh half marathon: 

1. The view is just as good the second time.

2. Gold is actually super cool, and the hidden history behind it all is worth learning about. 

             




Comments